As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
When you’re looking for ways to protect yourself, the first thing that comes to mind is pepper spray and mace, right? While these are good options, they aren’t the best. Enter, stun batons.
These are commonly used by law enforcement officers and security guards to incapacitate an assailant without causing serious bodily harm and for attacking dogs.
With that being said, we’re going to take a look at some of the benefits of using an electric charged stun baton for self-defense, as well as the top stun batons on the market.
What is a Stun Baton?
A stun baton is a type of baton that emits an electrical charge when linked to a battery. It will almost always have a flashlight attachment on the opposite end of the baton, allowing the user to illuminate their surroundings.
The amount of voltage it produces depends on the type of baton. The most common uses for a stun baton are self-defense and law enforcement. But The strength of the unit is really measured in current.
With that being said, they’re also commonly used by security guards as a less severe alternative to pepper spray. Just the crackle of the arc may be enough to thwart off an attack.
These devices are also popular for men and women who want an easy way to ward off an attacker without causing serious bodily harm. Read more below…
|Top||TASER StrikeLight Rechargeable Stun Baton Self-Defense Flashlight||50,000 volts||Prime||Amazon|
|Top||Police Force 12,000,000 Tactical Stun Stick Flashlight (2 pack)||12 million volts||Prime||Amazon|
|Top||ZAP Enforcer Stun Gun Baton: 2,000,000 Volts Black with 4 Flashlight Modes||2 million volts||Prime||Amazon|
|Top||Security All-in-One Stun Baton||80 million volts||Prime||Amazon|
|Top||Safety Tech The Bouncer Stun Baton||1 million volts||Prime||Amazon|
How to Choose the Best StunBaton for Self-Defense
When looking for a stun baton for self-defense, consider your own personal use cases. For example, if you’re in a crowded city and feel unsafe, you might want something that’s easy to conceal.
Another thing you may want to look for is a baton that has a lot of voltage. You don’t want something that only produces enough voltage to stun an attacker, but nothing more.
Another important consideration is the type of baton you want. Some batons come in both a hand-held and a keychain version. If you’re looking to use a stun baton as a self-defense weapon, you’ll want a keychain version.
There are also different models of keychain and hand-held batons, depending on the amount of voltage they produce. Keychain models usually have around 500 volts, while hand-held batons usually have between 50k and 1,000,000 volts.
What to look for when buying a stun baton
– Self-Defense Capabilities – Just like with a regular stun gun, you’ll want a stun baton that’s capable of sending an attacker into a state of confusion. Make sure you look for a baton that can deliver a high voltage, with enough power to stun someone, but not cause serious bodily harm.
– Convenience – One of the main reasons people choose a stun baton over other self-defense products is their convenience. If you’re someone who spends a lot of time outdoors, a self-defense keychain baton might not be practical.
– Durability – Durability is important, especially if you’ll be using your baton as a weapon. A baton that breaks on the first use isn’t going to be worth much.
– Safety – Safety is something you want to keep in mind when choosing a stun baton. There are products on the market that are unsafe to use, so make sure you pick something safe.
– Ease of Transport – If you’ll be carrying your baton on you during the day, you may want to pick up a baton that’s easy to transport.
– Battery Life – Battery life is important, especially if you plan on using your baton on a daily basis. You don’t want to have to keep getting new batteries every few days.
Do Stun Batons Work?
These devices are effectively used by law enforcement, military, and civilians as a nonlethal option for incapacitating a target or attacker. With the right amount of voltage and proper deployment, stun batons are effective in temporarily neutralizing a target. However, their use is not without risks, and they’re not the best option for everyone.
How strong is a stun baton?
With voltage outputs ranging from 1000-2 million volts, these units cause the victim’s nervous system to react as if they had been physically touched, known as the “fear response.”
The voltage is usually enough to immobilize an attacker, but not enough to kill them. The voltage is enough for the body to react to, but not enough to cause any permanent damage.
What is the most powerful stun baton?
The answer to this question ay not be that obvious. While some stun batons have an output of 2 million volts, the current output may less than a unit with a 50k volt output. The amperage output is the true power rating but must manufacturers do not publish this information.
Which stun gun is the most effective?
Based on the manufacturer’s reputation and customer reviews, the TASER StrikeLight is the best model of stun baton. Taser is a known brand that produces professional grade products and this model has nearly 200 positive online reviews.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.