Per FTC regulations we are required to disclose that “As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases” and other programs at no extra cost to you. Please refer to our Affiliate Disclosure for more information.
The Byrna TCR (Tactical Carbine Rifle) and Byrna Mission 4 are both non-lethal self-defense weapons produced by Byrna Technologies. While they are similar in some ways, they have a few key differences that set them apart.
- Design: The Byrna TCR is a compact non lethal self defense weapon with a rifle-like appearance. The Byrna Mission 4 has an AR-15 style M-LOK shroud with 4-sided picatinny rails.
- Range: The Byrna Mission 4 has a longer range than the , with a maximum range of up to 175 feet. The TCR, on the other hand, has a maximum range of 75 feet.
- Capacity: The Byrna TCR holds 12 rounds of non-lethal projectiles and is capable of shooting at speeds of over 300 feet per second. The Mission 4 holds 19 rounds and up to 38 if clips are coupled. It is capable of firing 60 rounds per cartridge at over 300 feet per second .
- Power: The Byrna TCR is less powerful than the Mission 4, using the popular 12gr CO2 cartridge. The Mission 4, on the other hand, utilizes an 88g CO2 canister.
- Price: The Byrna TCR is about $150 less expensive than the Mission 4.
The Mission 4 is a non-lethal self-defense weapon that offers a variety of features for maximum performance and convenience. It is fully pneumatic, meaning it does not rely on batteries or electronics, making it easy to operate and maintain. The high-performance in-line bolt system ensures reliable and accurate shooting every time.
The Mission 4 is built with a durable magnesium receiver, and comes with an AR-15 style M-LOK shroud that includes 4-sided picatinny rails for easy attachment of accessories. It has integrated sling mounts and flip-up adjustable front and rear sights for better accuracy. The vertical fore grip allows for a comfortable and secure hold on the weapon.
The Two position external selector switch allows the user to switch between safe or firing mode. It comes with two 19 round magazines, one in orange and one in black, with a magazine coupler, perfect to run Byrna Kinetic in the black mag and Byrna Pepper in the orange mag.
The Mission 4 uses 88g CO2 cartridge, which allows the unit to always be ready without concern for high pressure air tanks leaking or needing to get them refilled.
This non lethal self defense weapon has a high visibility less lethal orange coloration for easy identification, it has an anodized orange fully aluminum charging handle and high performance anodized orange barrel with muzzle brake. The Gas On/Off slide valve allows the user to disconnect the CO2 source from the launcher making it easy to use and maintain.
Mission 4 Bundle includes the following:
– Mission 4 launcher (with CO2 adapter + CO2 stock)
– Byrna branded Rifle bag ($100 Value)
– 2x 19 rd coupled magazines
– Small accessory kit (extra o-rings, allen key, lubricant)
– 2x twin pack of 88g CO2 cartridges (4 cartridges total)
– 2x 95ct of Byrna Kinetic
Ultimately, which weapon is best for you will depend on your specific needs and preferences. The TCR is more powerful and has a greater range, but it is also more expensive and requires two hands to use. The Mission 4 is more compact and easy to carry, but it has a shorter range and less firepower.
The TCR, or Tactical Compact Rifle, is a powerful and reliable non-lethal weapon that is perfect for both home defense and recreational use. The rifle is designed with a compact, military-style look that is easy to customize and upgrade with the standard four Picatinny rails.
The TCR features a high-performance in-line bolt system and a durable magnesium receiver, which ensures reliable and accurate shooting. The rifle also includes folding front and rear sights, a vertical front grip, and an 11-inch high-performance barrel.
The TCR comes complete with 7-round and 12-round extended magazines, as well as a fully padded carbine carry case for easy transportation. This versatile magfed less-lethal launcher is truly the most comprehensive option on the market today, providing the perfect balance of power, accuracy and customization for any user.