How to Buy a Stun Gun in Arizona
Per FTC regulations we are required to disclose that “As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases” and other programs at no extra cost to you. Please refer to our Affiliate Disclosure for more information.
Arizona Stun Gun Law Overview
If you’re a resident of Arizona and worried about your safety, you may ask yourself, Can I buy a stun gun in Arizona? Stun guns are non-lethal weapons that are often used for self-defense.
These compact devices shoot out high-voltage electrical currents that immobilize an assailant long enough for you to escape. They can also be used as an effective deterrent against would-be attackers.
Stun Guns and Tasers are legal in the state of Arizona without need of a permit. There are limitations on the self defense weapon’s sale and use so read on for more information.
- Rechargeable stun gun flashlight
- 1,000,000 volts of knockdown power
- Intimidate attackers with arc spark & crackling sound
- Six sharp spikes help your attacker get the point
- 6 LEDs for super bright illumination
- 29 million volt (1.07 microcoulomb) stun gun with built-in bright LED flashlight
- Bright electric current pulsates from the unit to scare off attackers by sight & sound
- Powered by rechargeable battery and plugs into any standard wall outlet to recharge
- Rubberized armor coating protects the unit from shock and ensures a firm grip
- Controlled with on/off safety switch (stops accidental shock) and stun activation button
What is a Stun Gun According to Arizona Law?
The in state of Arizona refers to Stun Guns and Tasers as Remote stun guns. And their definition is “an electronic device that emits an electrical charge and that is designed and primarily employed to incapacitate a person or animal either through contact with electrodes on the device itself or remotely through wired probes that are attached to the device or through a spark, plasma, ionization or other conductive means emitting from the device.”
Authorized Remote Stun Guns require:
- An electrical discharge that is less than one hundred thousand volts and less than nine joules of energy per pulse.
- An identification and tracking system that, on deployment of remote electrodes, disperses coded material that is traceable to the purchaser through records that are kept by the manufacturer on all remote stun guns and all individual cartridges sold.
- A serial or identification number on all projectiles that are discharged from the remote stun gun.
- A training program that is offered by the manufacturer.
Unlawful Use of a Stun Gun in Arizona
According to Arizona state law, it is a class 4 felony “Knowingly use or threaten to use a remote stun gun or an authorized remote stun gun against a law enforcement officer who is engaged in the performance of the officer’s official duties.”
And a petty offense to sell an authorized remote stun gun without keeping an accurate sales record as to the identity of the purchaser with the manufacturer of the authorized remote stun gun. The identification that is required by this paragraph shall be verified with a government issued identification.
Legal use of a stun gun in The Grand Canyon State is for self defense only. Committing an assault with one may result in assault charges under statute 13-1203.
Can I Buy a Stun Gun in Arizona
While Arizona does not have any laws regulating the sale of stun guns, there are some local regulations that may prevent you from buying one.
Always check with you local jurisdiction before buying, carrying or using a stun gun or Taser.
Why Can’t Stun Guns be Shipped to AZ?
Can I ship a stun gun to Arizona?
There are generally no restrictions on having a stun gun shipped to Arizona with exception of Amazon.com. You can buy and ship a stun gun to an Arizona address from Thehomesecuritysuperstore.com and Superselfdefense.com.
How Old do You Have to be to Own a Stun Gun in Arizona?
Arizona requires you to be 18 years old to purchase and own a stun gun.