One of the essential components of your bug-out bag is your bag itself. You’re going to be carrying plenty of supplies, likely over long distances. It would be best if you had a comfortable bag, high capacity, and durable.
If your bag’s straps fall apart halfway through your excursion, you’re going to be in trouble. You don’t want to use something that’s going to be digging into your sides or causing you back pain – especially not when you’re walking for miles on end.
And, of course, you want to be able to fit all of your bug-out products in your bag. The Teton Sports Scout 3400 is a great internal frame backpack – and an even better candidate for a bug-out bag.
Internal frame backpacks are preferred to external frame backpacks for going off-trail because they keep all of the weight close to your body, preventing excessive swaying. It’s important to note that when packing your bug-out bag, the heaviest items should be the closest to your body, while the lighter items should be on the outer edge of your bag.
If you have all of the heavy items far from your body, they’ll make the bag sway and twist while you’re walking. The Sports Scout 3400 has tons of room for all of your needs, at a total of 55 liters, or 3400 cubic inches, of space.
The bag includes the main compartment and all of the side pockets. This bag has compartments specially made for your sleeping bag and other shelter needs, such as tents.
Unloaded, it weighs about 4.5 pounds, so you’re not lugging around anything massive or bulky. It has plenty of exterior loops and straps so you can attach things like mess kits.
It has two slots on the side for water bottles, which are tight at first but get easier to use with time. The design of the Sports Scout 3400 makes it highly comfortable to wear. It’s fully adjustable to fit your torso perfectly, with foam support pads on your back and straps that attach around your front to alleviate stress on your shoulders and back from the bag’s weight.
There’s also an attached rain cover, so the contents of your bag won’t get soaking wet. This bag is also quite durable. With the interior frame being made from aluminum, it can bend freely while still providing support. This is a bag that you can take just about anywhere, without fail.
5 Best Water Filter Straws
As a practicing Prepper/ Survivalist, I know that access to clean drinking water is crucial in any emergency. That’s why I’ve tested and reviewed the top survival drinking straws on the market to help you decide which one to choose. These straws are designed to filter out harmful bacteria and contaminants, allowing you to drink water from almost any source.
One of the best survival drinking straws on the market is the LifeStraw Personal Water Filter. This straw is lightweight, compact, and can filter up to 1,000 liters. It removes 99.9999% of waterborne bacteria and 99.9% of waterborne protozoan parasites, making it an essential tool for any survival kit. The LifeStraw is also easy to use; place one end in the water source and suck through the other to filter the water.
Another great option is the Survivor Filter Personal Water Filter Straw, which has a multi-stage filtration system that removes 99.999% of waterborne bacteria and 99.99% of waterborne protozoan parasites. It can filter up to 1,500 liters of water and has a durable carrying case for easy transport. The Survivor Filter straw also has a replaceable filter, making it a cost-effective choice for long-term use.
What Is a Survival Drinking Straw?
As a world-class survival writer, I know that access to clean drinking water is essential in any emergency. A survival drinking straw is one tool that can help ensure you have access to safe drinking water. But what exactly is a survival drinking straw?
Simply put, a survival drinking straw is a portable water filtration device that allows you to drink water from almost any source. These straws are designed to remove impurities and contaminants from water, making them safe to drink.
Survival drinking straws are typically lightweight and compact, making them easy to carry in a backpack or emergency kit. They are a popular choice among hikers, campers, and survivalists, as they provide a reliable source of clean water in the great outdoors.
One of the key features of a survival drinking straw is its filtration system. These straws use various methods to remove harmful particles and bacteria from water, including activated carbon, hollow fiber membranes, and iodine resin. Some straws even have multi-stage filtration systems that can remove many contaminants.
It’s important to note that while survival drinking straws can remove many impurities from water, they may not be effective against all contaminants. For example, they may not remove viruses or heavy metals. It’s always a good idea to research the specific type of straw you are considering and to understand its limitations.
In summary, a survival drinking straw is a portable water filtration device that can help ensure access to clean drinking water in an emergency. With their lightweight and compact design, these straws are a valuable tool for anyone who spends time in the great outdoors.
Benefits of Using a Survival Drinking Straw
As a survival writer, I have seen firsthand the importance of having a reliable source of clean drinking water. One of the essential tools in my survival kit is a high-quality survival drinking straw. Here are some of the benefits of using a survival drinking straw:
One of the biggest advantages of a survival drinking straw is its portability. These compact, lightweight straws make them easy to carry in a backpack or even your pocket. This means you can always access clean drinking water, no matter where you are.
- Easy to Use
Another benefit of a survival drinking straw is its incredibly easy use. There is no need for any special skills or training. You place the straw in the water source and suck the water through the filter. It’s that simple.
Investing in a high-quality survival drinking straw is a cost-effective way to ensure you always have access to clean drinking water. These straws are relatively inexpensive, especially compared to other water filtration methods.
Survival drinking straws are versatile tools that can be used in various situations. Whether camping, hiking or in an emergency, a survival drinking straw can provide clean drinking water.
Using a survival drinking straw is also an environmentally-friendly option. These straws do not require any electricity or batteries to operate, and they do not produce any waste. This means you can enjoy clean drinking water while minimizing your environmental impact.
In conclusion, a survival drinking straw is essential for anyone who spends time outdoors or wants to be prepared for emergencies. Its portability, ease of use, cost-effectiveness, versatility, and environmental-friendliness make it a must-have item in any survival kit.
Types of Survival Drinking Straws
As a survival writer, I’ve had the opportunity to test and review various types of survival drinking straws. Here are the most common types of survival drinking straws:
Carbon Filter Straws
Carbon filter straws are the most popular type of survival drinking straws. They are designed to remove impurities and contaminants from water, making them safe to drink. Carbon filter straws pass water through a filter made of activated carbon. The activated carbon absorbs impurities and contaminants, leaving clean drinking water behind.
Reverse Osmosis Straws
Reverse osmosis straws are another type of survival drinking straw. They use a semi-permeable membrane to remove impurities and contaminants from water. Reverse osmosis straws effectively remove many contaminants, including bacteria, viruses, and heavy metals.
UV Light Straws
UV light straws use ultraviolet light to kill bacteria and viruses in water. They are effective at removing bacteria and viruses, but they do not remove other contaminants, such as heavy metals or chemicals.
Combination straws are survival drinking straws that combine two or more filtration methods. For example, some combination straws use activated carbon and reverse osmosis to remove impurities and contaminants from water. Combination straws are generally more effective at removing a wide range of contaminants than single-method straws.
Gravity-fed straws are survival drinking straws that use gravity to filter water. They are designed to be used with a water bag or container. Water is poured into the bag or container, and gravity pulls the water through the filter, removing impurities and contaminants. Gravity-fed straws effectively remove many contaminants but are less portable than survival drinking straws.
In conclusion, several survival drinking straws are available on the market. Each type has advantages and disadvantages; the best type depends on your specific needs and situation.
How to Choose the Right Survival Drinking Straw
As a survival expert, I know that access to clean drinking water is essential for emergencies. That’s why I always recommend carrying a survival drinking straw in your emergency kit. But with so many options available, it can be challenging to choose the right one. Here are a few things to consider when selecting the best survival drinking straw for your needs.
One of the most important factors when choosing a survival drinking straw is its filtration capability. Look for a straw to filter out contaminants, including bacteria, parasites, and viruses. The LifeStraw and Sawyer Mini are popular options that filter out up to 99.9999% of waterborne bacteria and 99.999% of protozoan parasites.
You need gear that can withstand the elements when you’re in a survival situation. Look for a survival drinking straw made from durable materials, such as high-quality plastic or stainless steel. The Survivor Filter, Personal Water Filter Straw, is a great option made from durable plastic and can filter up to 100,000 gallons of water.
A survival drinking straw should be lightweight and portable. Look for a compact straw that fits your backpack or emergency kit easily. The Etekcity Water Filter Straw is a popular option that weighs only 2 ounces and is 6.5 inches long.
Some survival drinking straws come with additional features that can be helpful in emergencies. For example, LifeStraw has a carbon capsule that helps reduce bad odors and unpleasant tastes. At the same time, the SUPOLOGY Emergency Survival Gear Kit comes with a reusable squeeze pouch and a 480 ml water bottle.
In conclusion, choosing the right survival drinking straw is essential for ensuring you can access clean drinking water in emergencies. Consider factors such as filtration capability, durability, portability, and additional features when selecting the best straw for your needs.
Best Survival Drinking Straws
We have compiled a list of the best survival drinking straws that are perfect for outdoor enthusiasts, hikers, campers, and emergency preparedness kits. Whether you’re facing a natural disaster or simply need a reliable source of clean drinking water while on the go, these straws have got you covered. Our team has extensively researched and tested these products, and we’re confident that they will provide you with the best filtration and purification capabilities. Without further ado, here are the top survival drinking straws on the market.
If you’re looking for a reliable and portable water filtration system, the LifeStraw Personal Water Filter is definitely worth considering.
- Provides up to 792 gallons (3,000 liters) of safe drinking water without using chemicals or iodine.
- Removes 99.9999% of bacteria and 99.9% of protozoa, making it an effective way to stay hydrated during outdoor activities.
- No shelf life and can be stored indefinitely, making it a great addition to your emergency kit.
- The LifeStraw Personal Water Filter can be a bit challenging to use if you’re not familiar with it.
- Some users have reported that the water flow can be slow, especially if the filter is not cleaned regularly.
- It can be difficult to drink directly from the water source, so you may need to bring a water bottle or container with you.
We recently had the chance to test out the LifeStraw Personal Water Filter during a camping trip, and we were impressed with its performance. The filter was easy to use, and we appreciated the fact that we didn’t have to worry about carrying extra water with us on our hike.
One of the standout features of the LifeStraw Personal Water Filter is its ability to remove bacteria and protozoa from water without the use of chemicals or iodine. This makes it a great option for those who are looking for a more natural way to stay hydrated during outdoor activities.
However, we did find that the LifeStraw Personal Water Filter can be a bit challenging to use if you’re not familiar with it. The water flow can also be slow at times, especially if the filter is not cleaned regularly.
Overall, we would definitely recommend the LifeStraw Personal Water Filter to anyone who is looking for a reliable and portable water filtration system. It’s a great addition to your emergency kit, and it’s perfect for camping, hiking, and other outdoor activities.
We highly recommend the LIQUIDZING Water Filter Straw for anyone who enjoys camping, hiking, or any outdoor activities. This product is a must-have for anyone who wants to ensure they have access to clean drinking water while on the go.
- The 4-stage filtration technology and 0.01-micron ultra filtration membrane ensures 99.999% of harmful matter is filtered out, including heavy metals, unpleasant tastes, and odors.
- The independent dirty water drainage holes on the switch design equips the personal water filter with cleaning function, ensuring the water purification mouthpiece outlet stays clean and the filter has a longer lifespan.
- The portable water filter straw measures 6.7 x 1.3″ in size, weighs just 1.92 ounces/0.12 lb, and is equipped with an exquisite lanyard, making it easy to take when outdoor camping, hiking, mountain climbing, hunting, trekking, backpacking, biking, boating. The cool green color and wild look are sure to attract the eyes.
- The product is made out of strong food-grade plastics, but some customers may prefer a metal or more durable material for outdoor use.
- The product is only able to filter up to 1,000 liters/264 gallons at least, so it may not be ideal for long-term camping or hiking trips.
- Some customers have reported issues with the hose being too flimsy and the light and compass not working properly.
The LIQUIDZING Water Filter Straw is a reliable and effective product that we have personally used and can attest to its quality. The separated cleaning and filtration system is a unique feature that sets it apart from other water filter straws on the market, and the 4-stage filtration technology ensures the most fresh water in the worst environments. The product is easy to use and the portable size makes it perfect for outdoor activities. Overall, we highly recommend the LIQUIDZING Water Filter Straw for anyone in need of a reliable and portable water filtration system.
If you’re looking for a reliable and portable survival drinking straw, we highly recommend the Membrane Solutions straw.
- The straw is lightweight and compact, making it easy to carry in a backpack or pocket.
- The 5-stage filtration system ensures clean and safe drinking water, and the smaller pore size provides high filtering accuracy.
- The straw can filter up to 5,000 liters of water, making it a great long-term investment for outdoor activities and emergencies.
- The straw may clog if used with very dirty or turbid water, so it’s best to use it with clear or lightly contaminated water.
- The flow rate may decrease after prolonged use, but this can be remedied by cleaning the straw.
- The straw is not suitable for removing salt or chemicals from water, so it’s important to use it only with fresh water sources.
We recently tested the Membrane Solutions straw during a camping trip and were impressed with its performance. The straw is easy to use and fits most bottles and cups, so we were able to drink clean water from various sources. We also appreciated the 5-stage filtration system, which removed any unpleasant taste or odor from the water.
The straw is made of high-quality materials and feels durable, so we’re confident it will last for a long time. We also liked that the straw comes in a pack of 6, which is convenient for group outings or emergency preparedness kits.
Overall, we think the Membrane Solutions survival drinking straw is a great investment for anyone who loves outdoor activities or wants to be prepared for emergencies. It’s affordable, reliable, and easy to use, so we highly recommend it.
- The ultra-strong “Hollow Fiber Membrane Filtration system” filters out 99.999% of impurities and microplastics, providing you with clean and healthy drinking water.
- With a lifespan of up to 4,500 liters (1188 gal), this straw water filter is suitable for long-term survival scenarios.
- The special threaded cap makes it easy to attach to your water bottle, so you can stay hydrated on the go.
- The silicone drinking tip may not be as durable as other materials.
- The straw filter is not suitable for filtering saltwater or chemically contaminated water.
- The neck band may not be as comfortable for everyone.
In our experience, the BLYNG Survival Straw Water Filter is a reliable and convenient option for outdoor activities and emergency situations. The ultra-strong filtration system ensures that you’ll have access to clean and healthy drinking water, while the compact and lightweight design makes it easy to carry with you wherever you go. However, the silicone drinking tip may not be as durable as other materials, and the straw filter is not suitable for filtering saltwater or chemically contaminated water. Overall, we would recommend this product for anyone looking for a reliable and convenient survival straw water filter.
- The 4-Stage Filtration system is highly effective, reducing 99.99999% of E. Coli and other contaminants.
- The smaller pore size of 0.1 microns allows for optimal flow rate while maintaining filtration accuracy.
- The lightweight and compact design makes it easy to carry and use on-the-go.
- The straw’s lifespan of up to 1500 liters (396 gallons) may not be enough for longer trips or extended use.
- The plastic material may not be as durable as other materials used in water filtration systems.
- The straw’s camo design may not be ideal for those who prefer a more discreet or inconspicuous look.
We found the Membrane Solutions Survival Drinking Straw to be an excellent choice for outdoor enthusiasts, hikers, campers, and travelers. The 4-Stage Filtration system ensures clean and safe drinking water, while the compact and lightweight design makes it easy to take on any adventure.
The straw’s smaller pore size allows for optimal flow rate while maintaining filtration accuracy, making it a highly efficient and effective water filtration system. However, the straw’s lifespan of up to 1500 liters (396 gallons) may not be enough for longer trips or extended use.
Overall, we highly recommend the Membrane Solutions Survival Drinking Straw for anyone in need of a reliable and portable water filtration system. It’s a great investment for emergency preparedness and peace of mind when traveling or exploring the great outdoors.
Which Pre-made Bug Out Bag is Best?
A premade bug out bag is an excellent item to keep in the trunk of your car or home and gives you a better chance of survival should you ever need to use it.
There are several different options to choose from: backpacks, duffels, even specially designed bug-out vehicle storage systems.
These bags usually contain essentials like food and water rations as well as essential gear for surviving in the wilderness, which can save you time and money.
Having a pre-packed bag on hand with all the essentials is one step closer to being prepared for an emergency situation.
[amalinkspro_table id=”4058″ aff-id=”iprotectt-20″ new-window=”on” nofollow=”on” addtocart=”off” /]
What is a bug out bag?
A bug out bag or BOB is an essential item that you should put together in case of an emergency. It contains the bare essentials needed to survive for up to 72 hours (3 days) after a disaster.
Are premade bug out bags worth it?
Yes, premade bug out bags are a great idea; however, they should not replace your primary survival gear. Having a go-bag on hand can be the difference between life and death in an emergency situation. What’s more, if you’re still learning about which items you need to pack and how to pack them efficiently, a ready-made bug out bag can save you time and money.
What should a premade bug out bag contain?
The size is key here; most SHTF survival bags are designed to be large enough for one person to survive on, with some even being able to support multiple people. Make sure the bag is large enough for you and your family.
The quality of the materials used to make the bug out bag will play a significant role in its durability and how long you can use it. Consider a high-quality, sturdy bag made from nylon or Cordura, zippers that won’t break under stress, compression straps, and padded shoulder straps.
Pack out the bag first! you need to make sure it has all the supplies you’ll need in an emergency before buying it. Many manufacturers do not reveal what’s inside their bug-out bags because they want to protect their own interests. This is why you should review your needs, take inventory of your current survival gear, and do a bit of research before buying a premade bug out bag.
What to put in bug out bag
1. food & water rations – the first thing you’ll need after an emergency is a food and water! So make sure you have some on hand at all times. The rule of thumb is one gallon of water per person per day.
2. equipment – this is where things can get tricky. It depends on your location and the nature of the emergency, but most bug out bags contain items such as:
— first aid kit; — camp stove; — knife; — flashlight; — survival blanket; — fire starter; — water filter.
3. clothing – make sure to pack layering clothing, which you can add or subtract from depending on the weather conditions. a warm jacket, a rain poncho, and some thermal underwear are usually enough for most outdoor situations.
4. hygiene supplies – this is especially important if you’re bugging out with your family. Pack enough supplies for everyone to keep everyone clean and prevent infections.
5. shelter – make sure to pack a tarp or two that can be used as makeshift shelters in the event you need them.
6. cash – if electricity shuts down completely, ATMs won’t work! So make sure you have some cash to get through the first few days of an emergency.
7. communications – make sure you pack a radio or satellite phone, which will allow you to communicate with search and rescue teams even when electricity is down.
8. documents – make sure your bug out bag has copies of essential documents such as IDs, insurance cards, passports, wills, deeds, vaccination records.
9. weapons – if you’re packing for your bug out bag for teens or kids, make sure to include non-lethal weapons such as pepper sprays or stun guns. Bear in mind that lethal weapons are prohibited on some airlines, so make sure you check before packing them!
10. maps – it’s important to know where you’re going and what you might face along the way. Take a map of the area, any local maps for your destination, and find out which routes will be passable in an emergency situation.
With all of the options on the market, it can be difficult to decide which pre-made bug out bag kit is right for you. The table above provides a comparison of some of the best-selling bags on Amazon. Review each option and consider what features are important to you before making your purchase. Remember, the most important thing is that your BOB meets your individual needs, so choose wisely!
Gerber Bear Grylls Fire Starter Review
When your survival depends on having essential items, you can’t afford to be without. One of the must-have tools that you need is a fire starter. And you don’t want to trust your life to one that may or may not work.
You want one that’s good quality that’ll see you through time and time again. That’s why you need to get the Gerber Bear Grylls Fire Starter. This inexpensive tool is something you need to have on hand when you’re checking out possible survival areas.
You’ll also want this along when you’re hiking trails because you might plan to return home for the evening, but sometimes life will throw a kink into even the best-laid plans.
For an emergency survival or a bug-out situation, there’s no better-constructed fire starter than this one.
It’s made to be water-tight, which means you won’t have to deal with fuel that gets wet. You’ll be able to start a fire every time you need one. The fire starter is compact so that it won’t take up much room in your pocket or your portable survival kit.
It has a ferrocerium rod which is excellent news. This alloy can give you quick, hot sparks with every strike. The metal striker will hold up under any conditions. That means whatever the weather is where you’re at, this is going to work.
It’ll help you start a fire on sunny days, in the evening hours and even in the rain.
If the fire starter stopped there, it’d still be a great item to buy for part of your survival gear – but it has other uses, too.
It also has a lanyard cord that has an emergency whistle as part of the construction. An emergency whistle is a must-have item that lets you signal for help or lets other members of your family or team know where you are.
To use it, you pull the ends apart, strike them together and watch the sparks fly. It has a snap lock for keeping it secure. There’s a small, waterproof storage piece that will allow you to place tinder inside.
Because it’s all lightweight, it won’t bog you down, and the size of it is about 5 inches in length. The fire starter includes a survival guide that walks you through the SOS steps you’ll need to take if you need to be rescued.
When you buy this tool, you get everything you need to create warmth, give off a signal, have a way to cook, and a way to keep predators at bay. It’s the ultimate tool in survival necessities.
Welcome to iProtectt.com
Hi and welcome to iProtectt.com. My name is Jake and I founded this site. I have a Martial Arts background and keen interest in self defense.
Sabre vs Byrna: Comparing Two Popular Pepper Ball Gun Alternatives
Holsters for Byrna Gun: A Guide to Choosing the Right One
Hero 2020 vs Byrna
Best Weapon to Defend Against Dog Attack
5 Pepper Spray Alternatives for Self Defense
The Byrna SD vs XL Compared
dog attack1 year ago
Best Weapon to Defend Against Dog Attack
pepper spray7 months ago
5 Pepper Spray Alternatives for Self Defense
non lethal7 months ago
The Byrna SD vs XL Compared
pepper spray8 months ago
What is a Pepper Ball Gun?
pepper spray8 months ago
Pepper Spray Pros and Cons
pepper spray8 months ago
Is Pepper Spray Legal in Nevada?
non lethal5 months ago
Byrna vs Tippmann: Comparing Two Top Self Defense Brands
non lethal guns2 years ago
The Top 5 Best Pepper Ball & Spray Guns Reviewed for 2023